Tomorrow there will be a drug test a Powell Valley High School.
Seems like Mrs. Garrison is turning PVHS into a prison more than a high school.
The kids cant even have water, in a school with no air conditioning.
Any thoughts???
Tomorrow there will be a drug test a Powell Valley High School.
Seems like Mrs. Garrison is turning PVHS into a prison more than a high school.
The kids cant even have water, in a school with no air conditioning.
Any thoughts???
From what I am hearing, it is needed.
Mrs. Stidham (I still call her that-was my English teacher in high school)is a tough bird, but a caring one. I applaud her, and will stand by any principal/administrator that does the same. My only gripe is that the test date was announced. They should be like "pop quizzes" IMO
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Mrs. Stidham, im not sure i know who you're talking about? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
it wasnt actually announced, it just leaked out.
Faye was a Stidham way back then.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
0h i gotcha.
she just treats the kids like prisoners.
she made the rule, no outside food brought in the school and no food allowed outside the cafeteria. but her and her husband bring in food all the time and eat it in the halls.
We were never allowed to bring food in when I was at JJK (one of the little reasons why I thought college was cool)As for no food outside the cafeteria, I'm sure the custodians (who work way too hard for way too little) appreciate that (put yourself in their shoes. You'd be pushing on that rule too). As for her and her hubby eating: One of the sucky things in life is that the boss plays by his (or in this case hers) own rules. It may not seem fair, but the best advice I can give is to work hard and get yourself someday into a boss position.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Keep us posted as to how things go down. It will be interesting to how she chooses the students to be tested. That would be my only concern. This day and time, you have to be careful because folks can claim they were discriminated against. I have no problem with Drug Testing in the High Schools.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
I think it's a good idea. Might make schools(pv ect..) better places.
Drug test show up weed, pills, cocain, ect but not alcohol right? that seems to be what they do most of the time. what about steriods though (jw lol)
[url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]
This will turn into a lawsuit from some of the parents. Alot of discrimination claims will be brought up.
Yep. This could be a legal nightmare waiting to happen.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Bookmarks